Vita Nova’s team is dedicated to providing the best care to our patients in a safe and healthy environment, while following all Governor mandated orders. With our patients, team members, and their families at the center of everything we do as a practice, we have implemented the following updated measures outlined below. Please read through the following that we are taking into effect immediately for all appointments.
Vita Nova’s office will only be open from 10AM – 7PM Tuesdays thru Thursdays, 10AM – 6PM Fridays, and 9AM – 3PM on Saturdays. Vita Nova’s office will be closed Mondays and Sundays.
Each appointment will have a 15-minute gap in between each patient in order to ensure adequate sanitation and sterilization of all required equipment. Vita Nova’s team members are also taking extra precautions for our patients’ safety and will be using masks and gloves for all procedures. We have shared specific operating protocols with our staff on increasing the frequency of cleaning our practice’s space, the importance of washing their hands, and staying home if they feel sick.
To abide by all safety measures and precautions, we will be having no more than 8 people in the office at any given time. To minimize the number of people entering our office while maintaining social distancing procedures, we respectfully request that only the scheduled patient enters the office for their appointment. If additional family members, who do not have scheduled appointments, come with you, they will need to wait in the vehicle during your appointment. Please refrain from bringing any family, friends, or children to your appointment unless they themselves have a scheduled appointment as well.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
All patients are encouraged to wear a mask before entering our office. We ask that you wait outside of our office’s front door, in an effort to eliminate having too many patients in our waiting area. Upon arrival, please call our office and we will come to get you for your scheduled appointment. At which point, a team member will have you sign our updated policies and procedures consent form and bring you back immediately to the private treatment room. It is important that patients do not arrive late to their appointment in order to avoid any backup of patients in the office. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for another time or date.
IMPLICATIONS FOR RECEIVING THE COVID-19 VACCINE
With the recent delivery of vaccinations fighting against the COVID-19 virus, patients who will and have received dermal fillers within the last 2 years should review the following information. According to the American Society of Dermatological Surgery (ASDS) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the follow information should be considered in response to the Moderna Vaccine and its effects on dermal fillers.
In guidance, FDA data reports show three out of 15,184 participants who received at least one dose of Moderna’s mRNA-1273 Vaccine, have developed facial swelling in areas of dermal filler placement, while no participants in the placebo group experienced any filler-related adverse events.
Current ASDS guidance regarding dermal fillers and the vaccine are as follows:
- Dermal filler inflammatory events are very seldom and can occur with both hyaluronic acid and non-hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Evidence suggests these reactions can be immunologically triggered by viral and bacterial illness, vaccinations (i.e. influenza vaccine), and dental procedures.
- These rare adverse events are temporary and respond to treatments such as oral corticosteroids and hyaluronidase, and oftentimes resolve without treatment.
- Patients already treated with dermal fillers should not be discouraged or precluded from receiving vaccines of any kind. Patients who have had vaccines should not be precluded from receiving dermal fillers in the future.
- In the Moderna mRNA-1273 trial, the three reactions were possibly related to dermal fillers out of 15,184 vaccine recipients. It is unknown how many subjects in the trial had previous treatments with dermal fillers.
- ASDS members should obtain a pertinent medical history on all patients.
- Dermal fillers should be administered by board-certified physicians who are experts in both the injection of dermal fillers as well as the management of complications arising from them.
We ask that you, the patient, call and reschedule your appointment if any of the following are applicable:
- Are you or someone you have been in contact with experiencing any of the following symptoms: respiratory symptoms (runny nose or congestion), fever, cough, sore throat, body aches or shortness of breath.
- If within the past two weeks, you or someone you have been in contact with tested positive for COVID-19.
- Have you recently traveled from a CDC designated high-risk area or been on a cruise.
Thank you for understanding and adhering to these enhanced health and safety protocols. As always, our staff will continue to follow precautions per OSHA and CDC guidelines. We will continue to keep communications on all and any changes as we continue to navigate through this challenging time with your safety as our top priority.
Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding the above information.